Museum:Silent-Night- and Museum of Local History
Large nativity figures used in the church of St. Nicola in Oberndorf from 1792 to 1906. A wax cast was used to make the sheep; the figures have wax heads with glass eyes and are elaborately dressed. The nativity scene shows the Adoration of the Shepherds.
Photo: Wilhelm Gstöttner
Text: Brigitte Gstöttner
Back to overview