Museum:SILENT NIGHT MUSEUM ARNSDORF
A wooden organ pipe from the pilgrimage church of “Maria in the Mösl”, in Arnsdorf. The organ was built in 1745 by Andreas Mitterreiter, the electoral Bavarian organ builder in Altötting. Originally built with six registers, it was extended to eight in about 1753. The organ was decorated by Josef Anton Schrökher from the town of Laufen near Salzburg. Franz Xaver Gruber, who in addition to being a teacher was also employed as sacristan and organist, played on this instrument for almost 22 years, from 1807 to 1829.
Photo: Hemma Ebner
Text: Eva Neumayr
Back to overview