|Museum||Silent Night Museum Lamprechtshausen-Arnsdorf|
Accommodation list for officers in Lamprechtshausen, “Armstorfer quarter”, including details of rations. Double sheet, written on three pages. No date given, but circa 1800. During the Napoleonic wars soldiers were quartered with the population, often with farmers, who had to feed them and supply straw and oats for the horses. The historical background of “Silent Night” lies in the difficult years after these wars. The Congress of Vienna (1814-1815) had imposed a new order across Europe, and the Archbishopric of Salzburg, which had already lost its independence, was secularised.
Photo & Text: Hemma Ebner