The village of Hintersee was redefined as a full parish in 1828, allowing Mohr to be named a vicar and signifying another step of promotion for him. This was the first parish for which Mohr had full responsibility as a priest. For almost ten years he served the people of Hintersee. Only in Wagrain would he work for a longer period. A memorial plaque and a painting (interpretive likeness) of Mohr can be found inside the church, while a bronze sculpture is located outside the church. The recently opened Joseph-Mohr-House serves as a museum and community center.
Daily except Mondays and Tuesdays from 12 AM to 5 PM closed in November and April
further information +43 (0) 6224 / 89000